Monday, January 5, 2009

Torn

For being a good boy last year I’m thinking of rewarding myself (savings not yet enough but I’m almost there). Two months ago I was planning to buy an iPod Classic 12oGB; I checked out some stores and found a PhP12,800 unit (silver). Then I found Microsoft Zune 120 on the internet and now I’m having second thoughts on buying the iPod.120battleBoth have the same storage capacity, which is a whopping 120 gigabytes (more than what my PC currently has) which can store tons of media. The iPod is more popular than the Zune but, I think, it’s more of a disadvantage because of the many fake iPods around. One advantage is that Apple has a service center here in RP and the Zune has none. But what I dig about the Zune is the screen – a 3.2-inch display means a more comfortable movie watching experience than on the iPod. The price tag is almost the same although the Zune requires special ordering arrangement since it’s not locally available.

I still have until February to decide.

More info about the iPod Classic may be found at the Apple website and for Microsoft Zune you may visit Zune.net.

3 scribbled something:

Anonymous said...

it's like the debate between vista and xp. vista is new and there aren't any applications available yet while xp is convenient and widely used. same with zune and ipod. i prefer ipod, although i haven't really seen zune. ipod is easy to use, hassle-free and you won have to worry about after-sales services. :)

Anonymous said...

buy all of it! lol i'm just teasing, and i know nothing about when it comes to technology... that's when my baby comes in, he's into gadgets and what not, haha...

have a great week!

*hugs

~ViN

Anonymous said...

Go for the Ipod or better yet Ipod Touch!