Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Cheaper Pringles Tastes Like UGH! Yuck!

Have you seen the new Pringles in the supermarket? It’s cheaper and the can is smaller because it contains less chips, 120g to be exact compared to the old Pringles which is 163g.

This new Pringles is being produced and packed in a factory in Johor, Malaysia and it tastes like sh*t compared to the Pringles made in the USA. It has lost its taste. I like the American-made Pringles, because it’s thin and crunchy. The Malaysian version is thicker and mealy and it tastes like flour (like the Mr. Potato brand). I had 3 chips and I didn’t touch the damn thing again.


Apparently, Procter & Gamble officially entered the Malaysia market via the acquisition of Richardson Vicks. So expect cheaper but low-quality Olay, Rejoice, Pantene, Head & Shoulders, even Downy and Pampers products in the market soon.


Supermarkets are currently replacing their stocks of American Pringles with the yucky Malaysian ones. I suggest you don’t buy them. They’re not cheap. It seems like it, but you’re actually paying for lesser weight, lesser flavor, and low-grade potato chips. The American Pringles is more expensive by 18pesos. BUT they taste better. I’d rather pay extra 18pesos and enjoy my Pringles than pay for garbage.

Calling Procter and Gamble Philippines, please stop importing the Malaysian Pringles, we hate it.


(This article is by Oliver Twist of 96.7 K-Lite FM Baguio)

10 scribbled something:

Admin said...

DOOD! I CAN TOTALLY RELATE! That's exactly what I think too. I buy my Pringles solely from S&R now because at least they still stock the imported US Pringles. It's good to know I'm not alone in being enraged about this.

Don't touch my Pringles damn it, it's sacred!

OliverTwist said...

SM Baguio (both the snack exchange in the dept store and the supermarket) sells this sh*t. It's a good thing that Sunshine Supermarket sells the US Pringles. That's where I get my stuff. Hehehe! Thanks for the comment kaoko!

WeiYa said...

I must agree!
FYI, there's Pringles US in Unimart, GH... we buy our pringles there...
Landmark Supermarket also sells Pringles US... :P

Maiden Circuits said...

Exactly! I really hate the Malaysian Pringles!

Maiden Circuits said...

Exactly! I really hate the Malaysian Pringles!

Anonymous said...

The British made pringles are amazing! So glad we dont have foreign made imports here in the UK (....yet)

yanmaneee said...

adidas yeezy
supreme clothing
hermes handbags bag
retro jordans
canada goose
offwhite
kd shoes
yeezy boost
nike air max
nike max

yanmaneee said...

nike air force 1
yeezy shoes
converse outlet store
jordan shoes
converse shoes
paul george shoes
balenciaga shoes
adidas zx flux
golden goose outlet
timberland

pethi said...

replica bags and watches site link v1i28t3s81 replica bags in pakistan replica bags aaa replica hermes bag z8t81t0j31 replica bags hermes replica prada nylon bags article h0s58v6p60 replica bags near me

Unknown said...

news Fendi Dolabuy hop over to this web-site best replica bags online browse around here Chloe Dolabuy