Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Anne Rice collection... so far!


I'm a big Anne Rice fan. I was introduced to her, eons ago, by a very good friend, Mike, who's now in Cambodia and is also collecting her books. The first Anne Rice novel I've read was Cry to Heaven. It's her finest novel I should say, with all the rich details of 18th century Italy and compelling characters. Given the time, I would love to re-read it.

Currently I own 12 of her novels, most of them from Book Sale (a second-hand book shop) and some, gifts from friends. I was lucky enough to get a hardcover edition of The Tale of the Body Thief for only 150 pesos, the others, like The Queen of the Damned, I got for only 70 pesos. I got her latest book, Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt 20% off from National Bookstore. A few days later, a friend gave me another copy from the United States (with the silver cover), so now I have two.

The hardcover edition of Pandora is Mike's. I wasn't able to return it to him that's why I'm taking very good care of it in case he comes home to the Philippines and asks me to return the book to him.

My Christmas wishlist includes all Anne Rice's books not in the picture. If you wish to send me the books, just let me know and I'll give you the address where you can send them. Hehehe!

1 scribbled something:

Anonymous said...

wow! i also am anne rice fan and like you cry to heaven for me is her best work. that should be followed by witching hour and lasher.

abgmatiko